Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press with Stainless Steel Disks
Creates consistent cookies every time
Non-slip base keeps Press steady while dispensing dough
Comfortable lever designed for repetitive use
Marcato Atlas Deluxe Cookie Press
Marcato’s Deluxe Atlas Biscuit Maker extrudes firm dough into creative shapes for easy cookies and other treats without rolling or cutting dough
Made in Italy;
Easily adjust cookie sizes from large to small with just the turn of a knob;
KitchenAid Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookie Press
Set includes: cookie press, twelve cookie discs, storage container, and instruction booklet
Features a spring lever dispenser and non-slip base that will keep the cookie press steady while dispensing
Durable stainless steel construction with soft-grip accents
Best cookie presses
We all enjoy the occasional cookies. With a glass of milk or just a couple of them with coffee in the morning. It is the kind of snack you always have in your home. Plus, let’s not overlook the fact that for some reason, cookies make us happy. It is probably the sugar, but studies actually suggest that cookies improve our mood and make us happy. That is probably why we make them at home. There are hundreds of recipes out there, and one of the best tools to help us bake the perfect cookies is the cookie press.
A cookie press is a simple device that gives the possibility of making perfect cookies every time. Some people use it to make biscuits as well. It is an inexpensive but very useful tool that will make you enjoy baking cookies, especially since it comes with all kinds of disks for different shapes and sizes.
The benefits of using a cookie press
While some may argue that cookies are simple to make without a cookie press, why would you say no to a device that makes things better? A cookie press has plenty of benefits, and here are some of my favorite:
- It is easy to use – it may take a batch or two to get the hang of it, but once you do, making cookies will be plain sailing. You do not have to worry you will make mistakes. Once you learn how to use it, you will not even think about techniques while you are making the cookies. Muscle memory will kick in and help you out. But overall, a cookie press is very easy to maneuver.
- It saves you time – instead of struggling with old methods of making perfect cookies, which takes time, you can just invest in the best cookie press and shave some minutes every batch. Sure, it may not take that long, but what do you do when you have a bake sale, and you need to make hundreds of cookies. A cookie press can save you hours on that one. Not to mention if you have a large family.
- You get perfect cookies every time – one of my favorite benefits of a cookie press is that you get perfectly shaped cookies with every batch. Once you get the hang of it, they will all look even as if they are bought from the store. In fact, they will look as if you bought them from the store.
- You can bake cookies of different designs – if you buy a cookie press that comes with several disks, you can play around with them and get cookies of different shapes and sizes. You can bake flower cookies, snowflakes, stars, and many others. They look fantastic on a plate, and I am sure that if you have children, they will love this feature.
While a cookie press has some benefits, there is one downside as well. While it can help you bake the perfect cookies, you cannot use it on all kinds of batters. For example, you cannot make chocolate chip cookies using a cookie press. After all, chocolate chip cookies are made with dough, not batter. I believe you see my point here. The batter needs to have a particular consistency so that you can use the cookie press. Even so, there are plenty of other kinds of cookie and biscuits recipes you can use the cookie press for.
Things to consider when buying a cookie press
There are a lot of models out there, which can make things confusing, especially if you have ever owned one before. However, choosing the best cookie press is not that hard. All you have to do is pay attention to a few details, and you should be able to make the right decision. Take a look at the things you should consider before making a purchase.
- Manual vs. electric cookies press – this is a matter of preference, and I would just like to make myself clear that both versions are highly Even so, like with any other product, there are pros and cons on both sides. The manual cookie press is the favorite for three reasons. It is cheap, easy to use, and you do not need a power source to use it. However, the downside is that it may take a while until you figure out how to make even cookies. The electric cookie press, on the other hand, provides consistency, and your cookies will always come out even. But it is expensive and requires a power source. At the same time, just because the press is electric, it does not mean you can use a heavier and larger amount of dough. If you do not bake that many cookies, it is not worth the investment.
- Disks – the disks are accessories that come with most cookie presses. If a few years ago they were optional, these days, disks are a must. Lucky for you, most products have these accessories included in the package, and the more, the You can bake cookies in all sorts of shapes. Moreover, make sure that the disks are made of high-quality materials. Metal is better, and stainless steel is to be preferred. That is because you can put them in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- The capacity of the shaft – depending on how many cookies you make at any given time, you should also consider the shaft capacity. It is the container in which you put the batter. If you have small hands and you cannot handle a large-capacity shaft, then you should look for a model that fits your hands comfortably. However, my recommendation is to buy the largest shaft you can handle. That will make things convenient because you do not have to replace the batter as often as with a small-capacity shaft.
- Ease of cleaning – many cookie presses on the market are made of plastic. At least the shaft is, most of the times. However, in my opinion, it is best to look for a cookie press that has dishwasher safe components so that you do not have to spend too much time cleaning. This is just a matter of convenience, but if it is possible, why not?
- Material – you will see that cookie presses are made both of plastic and metal. While the plastic one does not rust, make sure that you do not purchase cheap plastic. Look for sturdy and BPA-free plastic. At the same time, if you go for a cookie press with stainless steel components, you hit the jackpot. It does not rust, it is dishwasher safe, and you will enjoy it for many years to come.
What are the best cookie presses?
Buying a cookie press now should not be difficult since you have all the information you need. However, make sure to pay attention to details. Another thing that can help you make the right decision is to read some cookie presses reviews online. After all, people who have already bought a particular product are the most qualified to tell you whether or not that product is as advertised or not. Until then, take a look at the products below.
Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press with Stainless Steel Disks
The cookie press from Oxo is one of the best products in its category. It is beautifully designed cookie press that you will enjoy using. It will help you make even cookies every time. It may take you a batch or two to get the hang of it, but you will be creating perfect cookies in no time.
The Oxo cookie press as a non-slip base that keeps the press steady while you dispense the batter. Just place the base on the baking paper, push the lever down, and you will have to spend only a second on every cookie. The handle is quite comfortable to use so that you can use it over and over without getting hand fatigue. The shaft is made of a transparent material so that you can see how much batter you have left.
The construction of the Oxo cookie press is durable and sturdy. The device is easy to disassemble so that you do not have a hard time loading the shaft. Cleaning is also easy because the components are dishwasher safe. You will receive the device together with 12 stainless steel disks. You can make cookies shaped like daisies, flowers, sunflowers, butterflies, shells, bears, hearts, snowflakes, and more. Just add some color to the batter and your children will love the cookies you make. The package also includes a case for the disks for convenient storage.
Marcato Atlas Deluxe Cookie Press
The cookie press from Marcato is a deluxe product, but it is not as expensive as you may expect. You may have to spend extra $15, but I can guarantee that you will love it. It is made in Italy, and it has an exquisite design. It is practical too. It can turn firm dough into multiple shapes. You can make both cookies and biscuits, to your delight and your family’s.
As opposed to the previous product, the Marcato cookie press comes with 20 disks. You have the traditional shapes, as well as some not so usual ones. You will also receive a complete set of instructions and a 1-year warranty. The device is very easy to use, and the best thing about it is that you can adjust the size of the cookies. All you have to do is use the adjustment knob. As for the capacity of the shaft, you can make 35 to 50 small cookies and 20 to 25 large cookies.
Th disks are easy to replace, and the ergonomic design will make using the Marcato cookie press reasonably comfortable. However, one downside is that the components of this device are not dishwasher safe. You need to clean the cookie press in warm soapy water. Even so, that should not prove to be too difficult. In my opinion, this product is worth the trouble.
KitchenAid Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookie Press
Last but not least, the cookie press from KitchenAid is yet another product that I think you will enjoy. It will make baking cookies a child’s play, and I am sure that you will enjoy using it. The set includes the cookie press itself, 12 cookie disks, a storage container, and an instructions manual.
One of the best things about this product is that it is made entirely of stainless steel. Even the shaft. That makes it highly durable, and you will enjoy it for a very long time. The product features a spring lever and a non-slip base so that it remains steady while you dispense the batter. It will make your task a whole lot more convenient.
The soft grip accents will help you dispense the batter with ease. You will enjoy a secure grip, and your hands will not get tired even after a few rounds. The KitchenAid cookie press is very easy to clean because all the components that need cleaning are dishwasher safe.
My first thought was to go for the Marcato cookie press because it is a very beautiful and elegant product, but I am not a big fan of hand washing. That is why my number one recommendation is the KitchenAid Gourmet Stainless Steel Cookie Press. It has a sturdy construction, it is durable, and you can throw it in the dishwasher. I believe that it is one of the best cookie presses in this price range.
Cutting and rolling cookies are things of the past now. The cookie press makes baking cookies so much easier. Yes, you cannot use it for all cookie recipes, but for me, it is enough that I can use it for most of them. It has changed the game completely, so to speak. I am sure that no matter which product you choose to purchase, you will more than satisfied with it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Spritz Cookies Press Explained
- What the Pros Are Not Saying About the Best Cookie Press and How This Affects You
- One of the Most Overlooked Systems for Wilton Cookie Pro
- The Chronicles of Cookie Pro Ultra Ii
- The Tried and True Method for Top Rated Cookie Press in Step by Step Detail
- Cookie Dispenser: No Longer a Mystery
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Electric Cookie Shooter and How to Avoid It
- Spritz Cookies: the Ultimate Convenience!
- The Argument About Vintage Cookie Press
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra Ii and How to Avoid It
- The Debate Over Wilton Cookie Press Discs
- Find Out Who is Discussing Cookies Press and Why You Should Be Worried
- The Fundamentals of Best Electric Cookie Press Revealed
- A History of Oxo Cookie Press Discs Refuted
- What Is So Fascinating About Electric Spritz Cookie Press?
- Press Cookies – Is it a Scam?
- The Insider Secret on Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra Ii Cookie Press Exposed
- The Spritz Cookie Maker Pitfall
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Biscuit Press Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- What You Don’t Know About Best Spritz Cookie Press Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Never Before Told Stories About Professional Cookie Press You Need to Read
- What You Should Do About Cookie Shooter Starting in the Next Five Minutes
- What to Expect From Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press?
- A Startling Fact about Kitchenaid Cookie Press Uncovered
- The Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press Game
- A Simple Tip About Cookie Maker Machine Unveiled
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Marcato Cookie Press and What You Should Do Today
- What Has to be Done About Cuisinart Electric Cookie Press Before You Miss Your Chance
- What Is So Fascinating About Cookie Press Discs?
- Up in Arms About Oxo Cookie Press?
- The Unusual Mystery Into Cookie Maker
- Wilton Cookie Press Help!
- Thoughts on Spritz Cookie Press in an Easy to Follow Manner
- Why Nobody Is Talking About Electric Cookie Press
- The Advantages of Cookie Press